Yasuhide Yokoi – "Yasu", born in Japan, grew up in Australia – is an industrial designer highly oriented to designing sweet spots between business, technologies and user insights, sculpting them to the maximum of the potential.
Possesses deep know-how on creating meaningful user experience by form, colors, materials, finishes, and manufacturing processes.
Received design awards: iF, Red Dot, GOOD DESIGN AWARD, etc.
- Resume/CV for full career description
KABUKU INC. 2014-Present
- Kabuku is a startup company that builds and provides a network of industrial 3D printing and digital manufacturing factories in over 30 countries. With this manufacturing platform, as a full stack industrial designer, collaborated with various enterprises such as TOYOTA, Honda, OLYMPUS, AISIN, Microsoft, AUTODESK, THE CONRAN SHOP, Dentsu, and Hakuhodo.
- As an initial startup member, has played wide-ranging roles from product & service design, biz dev & operation, manufacturing management, account & project management, to marketing & sales.
NIKON CORPORATION 2007-2014
- Hands-on industrial designer from conceptualization, idea development to final execution.
- Launched successful production with cross-sectoral members such as marketers and engineers, and various vendors from China mainland, Hong Kong, Taiwan and Thailand.
ABILITIES & SKILLS
- Developing products from observation & interviews, user & market research, concept & strategy making, idea development, CAD modeling to final manufacturing execution.
- Designing complex products with professional level requirements incorporating functional usability, ergonomics, durability, and emotional look and feel quality.
Dassault Systemes: CATIA / AUTODESK: Fusion360, Dynamo, Meshmixer, Netfabb / Rhinoceros / KeyShot / Blender / Meshlab / nTopology
AUTODESK Sketchbook / WACOM Pen tablets / Adobe Illustrator & Photoshop / Google Drive products / Microsoft Office products
Rapid sketch drawing, Marker rendering, 3D printing, Rapid prototyping and mock-up modeling (Various materials such as styrofoam, clay, plaster, wood, metal, plastic casting, spray painting), Photography
CEATEC INNOVATION AWARD : Honda MC-β
GOOD DESIGN AWARD BEST100 : 3D Printing Marketplace “Rinkak”
reddot Product Design Award : Digital SLR camera D5300
iF Product Design Award : Digital SLR camera D4
reddot Product Design Award : Digital SLR camera D4
GOOD DESIGN AWARD : Stereo Microscopes SMZ25/18
reddot Product Design Award : Laser range finder PROSTAFF 5
GOOD DESIGN AWARD : Digital SLR camera D4
reddot Product Design Award : Digital SLR camera D7000
PUBLICATIONS & CONFERENCES
AUTODESK University : Keynote speaker / Tokyo, Japan
AUTODESK Fusion 360 Masters : Highlighted designer
International Specialist Conference 3D Printing : Keynote speaker / Bremen, Germany
ITmedia Virtual EXPO 2017 : Key lecturer / Tokyo, Japan
NIKKEI Automotive : January Issue / Honda MC-β
DESIGNBOOM “TOP 10 3D PRINTING STORIES OF 2016” : Honda MC-β
MIT idm : Guest lecturer / Boston, USA
De Agostini : August Issue / Microsoft MINECRAFT x 3D Print
NIKKEI DESIGN : August Issue / Highlighted 3D printing startup and industrial designer
AUTODESK Gallery Pop-Up Tokyo : Invited exhibitor & speaker / Tokyo, Japan
Harvard College in Asia Program Conference at US Embassy : Panelist / Tokyo, Japan
SAMSUNG GLOBAL DESIGN MEMBERSHIP : Internship
TAMA ART UNIVERSITY : Bachelor of Department of Product Design
Melbourne AUSTRALIA : Grew up in multi-ethnic environment. English&Japanese–native level.